|Standard eyebrow piercing: $20-$70||Horizontal eyebrow piercing: $30-$80|
Eyebrow is a relatively new phenomenon, with roots in the 1970s punk rock movement, but has become nearly as accepted as nose or ear piercings in recent years. The majority of eyebrow piercings are vertical surface piercings, typically toward the outside of the eye. There are horizontal eyebrow piercings which normally are place on the upper brow ridge, but these are much rarer. The healing time for eyebrow piercings is typically about six to nine months.
What should be included:
- A typical eyebrow piercing, a vertical surface piercing generally costs $20-$70, depending on the cost of the jewelry used in the piercing. For example, Ice 9 Studio , in Pittsburgh, Penn., charges $30-$40 for standard eyebrow piercings, with the jewelry included.
- A horizontal eyebrow piercing is less common and typically slightly more expensive than a standard eyebrow piercing. The horizontal eyebrow piercing generally costs $30-$80. For example,Saint Sabrina's, in Minneapolis, Minn., charges $35 for a horizontal eyebrow piercing, but that price does not include jewelry.
- There is a piercing called the anti-eyebrow that is not on the eyebrow, but actually on the high cheek. It is a surface piercing and typically costs $30-$80, depending on the cost of the jewelry used for the piercing.
- The eyebrow piercing should include the piercing itself, a piece of jewelry used in the piercing, and instructions for aftercare. Standard eyebrow piercings usually include either a ring or a curved barbell as the jewelry.
- A 5%-15% gratuity for the piercer is considered standard.
- A piercer might recommend after-care products for the nose piercing. H2Ocean , a sea-salt based cleanser, costs $12 per 4 oz. can.
- Eyebrow piercing jewelry is readily available and reasonable inexpensive. Typically belly button piercing jewelry costs $10-$30 for most pieces, those with precious gems are likely to cost slightly more. For example, Hot Topic, the music, fashion and accessory store, sells a variety of eyebrow jewelry for $10-$18 and several are in multi-piece sets.
Shopping for an eyebrow piercing:
- Geographical areas where there is more competition among piercers typically have lower prices. Typically, larger cities with more piercers have lower prices than rural locations. But, finding the lowest price does not necessarily mean it will be the best service or the cleanest environment. When it comes to piercing, customers would be wise to place safety and cleanliness above finding the best deal.
- Many piercing studios offer discounts on second or third piercings done in conjunction with the first. For example, Saint Sabrina's offers a variety of discounts of $5-10 per piercing for customers who want multiple piercings.
- Piercing laws vary by state. The Association of Professional Piercers tracks legislation by state . The association also provides a searchable database of members .
- Look for a piercer that operates in a clean environment. Certificates of membership or from local health departments might be posted on walls.
| Material on this page is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. Always consult your physician or pharmacist regarding medications or medical procedures.
7 Lesser-Known Discounts for the 50+ Crowd
As they age, members of the Baby Boomer generation don't like to admit that they're senior citizens, but they love getting discounts. It's kind of a quandary, because some of the best deals available are reduced prices for older folks. || Posted October 21 2013
7 Ways to Stretch Your Reduced Food Budget
End of the year budgets are tight for everyone, especially in this economy.It's especially hard for the millions of Americans who depend on government programs like food stamps to help make ends meet. || Posted November 11 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Health & Personal Care Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com